Bourbon Sour Blood Orange Cocktail Recipe
One of the first drinks I ever ordered at a bar was a Whiskey Sour based upon a friends recommendation. I guess his dad was a bourbon drinker and that’s all he really knew. I remember thinking that it was okay and easy to drink. I honestly can’t say I have had many Whiskey Sours since my college days, but this recipe brought back some memories along with the elegance from the blood orange. Blood oranges are used in many cooking recipes, salads, etc. so why not enjoy this wonderful fruit in a cocktail? Our Bourbon Sour Blood Orange Cocktail Recipe uses fresh fruit juices, which is the key to a 5-star drink!
1 oz. fresh blood orange juice
2 1/4 oz. bourbon
1 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 maraschino cherry
1. On a cutting board, roll the blood orange, lemon and lime to soften and break up the flesh.
2. Cut the orange in half and juice 1-oz. of the juice.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the blood orange juice, bourbon, simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice.
4. Do not shake, but stir quickly until the shaker frosts.
5. Put one large ice cube in a cocktail glass and pour the cocktail over the top.
6. Garnish with a slice of blood orange and a maraschino cherry.
Be the first to comment